Outscape Constructions

Adelaide Retaining Walls

If you need a retaining wall in your Adelaide home, then Outscape Constructions can help. We also offer more services in the area of landscaping design and construction, if needed.

Why do I need a retaining wall?





Retaining walls are traditionally needed for
functional purposes, such as when you have
a sloping site and need to keep soil, stone
and debris in place. A retaining wall acts as
a buffer, especially during rainstorms,
because the runoff can weaken the soil and
cause it to slide down the slope.



Retaining walls are great for creating a flat
space in your outdoor areas, perhaps for a
swimming pool, dining area, children’s play
area or car parking.



By using a retaining wall, you can completely change how your outdoor areas look and feel. They can be used to get rid of steep slopes that would look awkward, make a small area seem more spacious, add multiple tiers, and create garden beds, paths and feature entrances.



Which retaining wall should I get?

There are many types of materials that can be used to create retaining walls, including:


  • Concrete sleepers
  • Rendered blocks
  • Moss rocks or natural blue stone
  • Timber
  • Brick
  • Gabion


Which material you use depends on many things such as where it’s going, its purpose, how much force is against it, and how it will fit in with the overall design. Outscape Constructions will select the best materials to suit your purposes. We will also add our own design flair too, and consider additional elements like adding steps and walkways, integrated lighting and water feature options.


Why should I use Outscape Constructions for my retaining wall?

We have built hundreds of retaining walls from all manner of materials.


We offer a 10-year written guarantee on all retaining walls, and as with all of our high-quality landscape and construction work, we aim to build it once and build it right.


We work with some of Adelaide’s leading residential builders, who trust us to build retaining walls for their clients.


Because Outscape Constructions offers full landscaping and construction services, when we build a retaining wall, we look at it in the context of your whole outdoor space. We know what works and we know what looks good, so we’ll select the very best materials and colours for what you need and work out where and how best it should be built, to fit in with the overall surroundings. Some retaining walls need Council approval - we can take care of all the paperwork for you and our work is covered by the appropriate building indemnity insurance.



Common Questions About Retaining Walls



Do I need council approval?

Council approval is often needed before you build a retaining wall. There is a wide variety of documentation that is required to ensure safety, and guarantee that the construction of any retaining wall meets appropriate guidelines and regulations. If you’re thinking of building a wall yourself, it’s best to contact an experienced retaining wall builder and your local council before you begin any plans or construction. Alternatively, Outscape Constructions can do all the paperwork for you, as part of our service when building a retaining wall for you. Contact us for more information.




 Can a retaining wall go on a property boundary?

The short answer is yes – but it’s important to check where your property lines are, which may require reviewing your house plans and/or having a survey done. Depending on the location and the work required, it may also require contacting your local council and getting a building permit. The team at Outscape Constructions can help you every step of the way, whether you need to engage a surveyor, need assistance with engineering and planning, or gathering and submitting the necessary documentation for building a retaining wall. Contact our team with any questions you may have.




Who pays for the retaining wall if it falls on a property border?

If a retaining wall is to be built directly on or next to a property line, you’ll want to discuss plans and ideas with your neighbour well before any construction begins. Changes to slope can affect soil and drainage on both properties, so good communication is paramount to avoiding disputes and clearly outlining who is responsible for what costs. It’s always better to be proactive, discuss options and get professional help from a licensed builder with the proper insurance. Our team is highly experienced in assisting not only with the proper documentation, but also in helping clients liaise with adjacent property owners. Contact us for more information.




Will I need to hire an engineer to build my retaining wall?

Council regulations across Australia vary, but in general, even short retaining walls need to be designed by an engineer to ensure safety and protect the surrounding area, considering the soil, drainage, etc. We work with trusted engineering partners who can help you with any building plans or design approvals you may need. Contact us for more information.


Get A Retaining Wall Professional Built Contact Us Today!!


Website search